PRESTWOLD COLOUR SPLASH DASH 2.5K & 5K 2017
RACE DAY INFORMATION
LOCATION: Prestwold Hall, Prestwold Lane, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE12 5SQ
DATE: Wednesday 12th July
TIME: Registration from 5.45 pm onwards. 2.5k and 5k runs start at 7pm
ENTRY PRICE: Adults £15 (15 years and above) Children £10 (5-14 years)
ALL RUNNERS MUST REGISTER TO TAKE PART IN THIS EVENT AND WEAR A 2017 T-SHIRT AND COLOUR SPLASH RUNNER NUMBER.
Both Colour Splash 2.5k and 5k – start time 7pm taking the same route
• Your ticket includes entry to the race, a white T-Shirt, your Colour Splash run number and pack of paint.
• Please collect your t-shirt, paint packet and number on the day from the Registration tent on site from 5.45pm to 6.30pm
• Registration will close at 6.30pm to allow time to get the run underway
• We will be holding a mass warm up at 6.45pm to get you ready, warmed up and in the mood for some fun!
• Please note that this event is for anyone aged over 5 years old and that all under 15s must be accompanied by an adult, who is also registered to take part. One adult can be responsible for up to 5 under 15s but must have them within sight at all times
PRESTWOLD COLOUR SPLASH DASH 2.5K & 5K Schedule
5.45 pm Registration open
6.30 pm Registration closes
6.45 pm Group Warm Up with Rosemary Conley
6.55 pm Individuals can release additional paint purchased
7.00 pm Colour Splash 2.5k and 5k run start
8.15 pm Races finish – thank you and close
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• All runners MUST register and collect their T-shirt and Race number from the Registration tent in the event village on the day. You will need to have your confirmation email or tickets with you to pick up your pack
• All runners must put an emergency contact name and phone number on the back of their race number
• Please arrive in plenty of time to avoid queues as the run will start promptly
We strongly recommend that all runners wear glasses, goggles or visors for your own safety
If you have any respiratory problems please wear a bandana or face mask across your nose and mouth
The ‘paint’ that we use is coloured corn starch powder that is safe for the environment, people and animals however it could stain clothing and shoes. We cannot guarantee that all marks will remove from your clothing and footwear. Please ensure that you bring towels, bin bags and changes of clothing for your journey home
COLOUR BLAST COLOUR STATIONS AND PAINT
• There are two Colour Splash stations throughout the course.
• 5k runners will pass through these twice making 4 colour splashes in all
• The Colour Splash volunteers will throw paint colours as you pass through the colour stations.
• Each station has a different colour
• Paint should only be thrown within the colour station or at the start/finish line only.
• Please be kind to each other – have fun but be sure to aim low
• The paint is kind to the environment, people and animals but be warned that it may be uncomfortable if thrown above shoulder height and probably won’t taste very nice! Like most substances, you won’t want it in your eyes or lungs.
• We recommend wearing sunglasses, goggles or safety glasses to protect your eyes. If you suffer from respiratory issues, we also advise that you wear a bandana or facemask on your face
• Our paint is manufactured within the UK and widely used within primary schools throughout the country. Is made up of corn starch, safe for the environment, people and animals. The paint conforms to UK safety rulings EN71 and EU regulations 1907/2006
THE START LINE PAINT RELEASE
• All runners and spectators are welcome to purchase individual bags of powder paint and join in a group celebration as we hold a countdown to a mass paint release at the start of the run
• Additional packets of paint can be purchased at the Colour Splash Paint Stall for a price of £2. Proceeds from these sales go to the charity
• Please think about your travel arrangements and plan in advance. There is adequate free car parking within the grounds adjacent to the event start / finish.
• Entry to Prestwold Colour Splash will be through the main Prestwold Hall main gates on Prestwold Lane
• Follow direction signs to car park on site.
• Parking will be on grass land.
• Exit will be through the Estate grounds and clearly marked following the exit car signs.
• If you can car share that is recommended and will help considerably with congestion and traffic flow
• We will do everything in our power to run the event as scheduled but all participant’s safety is our key concern.
• If the weather conditions are severe we may delay the start times or postpone the race altogether.
• Please see Facebook, Twitter or email for updates.
HYDRATION STATION – There will be water for each participant at the end of the race further drinks can be purchased from the onsite catering facilities
FOOD/DRINKS – There will be food and drink available to purchase from our onsite catering providers these include hot and cold drinks, some food, snacks, and treats.
LOST CHILDREN – If you should become parted from your child or you find a small person who has lost their grown up please inform a safety steward, or a volunteer wearing a yellow high viz bib. Please also report to the registration area.
CLEANING – Whilst most of the powders will brush off we do strongly recommend a change of clothes or bringing old towels or bin bags for your journey home. We cannot be responsible for the interior of cars becoming rainbow contaminated.
COLLECTION – We will also have collection buckets for any loose change or donations on the day with all monies going to the charity.
1. If you are responsible for children on the day please ensure you escort them through the course and keep them within sight at all times
2. If you are concerned with any part of the experience then please feel free to wear sunglasses, facemask or bandana to protect yourself
3. Please follow the direction of the officials, marshals at all times
4. Please keep to the designated route.
5. Please be kind to other participants, other public and livestock. This is private land we are using by kind permission of the land owner – please respect this space.
6. If you see anyone in distress please find an official or the First Aid team who will be stationed on site
7. If you have any concerns at all, please alert a Volunteer run official wearing high viz bib
8. No litter, please take this home with you to dispose of appropriately. Litter is very harmful to livestock / animals.